Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TUESDAY

My First Auction

So tonight I did something new. My friend Pancake invited me to--are you ready? A live auction for butterflies. They are breedable creatures in SL. The auctioneer was on voice and busily auctioning off all types and genders of butterflies and other insects. Fascinating! Didn't realize there was such a thing. Pancake says the breedables community is a huge subculture in SL and they do many activities as a group--besides the auctions.



A scene of the auction park.


Tristan Careless had the line of the night: "My comment is that I have no comment." (I had the SL bug tonight where many avatars around me are standing sunken into the ground with their arms straight out. Annoying!)


This is the auctioneer, Eden Malik. Very pleasant speaking voice and did a great job entertaining the crowd while auctioning off the bugs.


Here is Pancake, watching the auction and trying very hard not to spend money. Very interesting evening, and I did learn something: Butterflies have penises. Nic Renegade tells me they also shit out their eyes, and eat through their feet, but I don't think I believe that.

[22:04] NikGade: A wise man once said.. "If you're catching butterflies... You better check whats between your legs."


We then visited a really awesome club called Organica, on Happy Clam Island. Friendly staff and patrons and truly amazing build!

Where: Organica

No comments: